Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's a Great Day To Be Alive!

Everyone has their own opinion of what the perfect birthday is supposed to look like. For me, I just let it happen and keep my eyes open for what I am meant to see. And, because I am paying attention, I am having just about the best birthday I have had in a long time. Let's break down the action;

First, I wake up in the North Woods at the home of some old friends. How can you beat that? I check the old celly and find I have a throng of well wishing emails from all over the planet it seems. I makes a guy feel loved, I tell you. After a quick start to my day I head off to one of the most beautiful towns in Wisconsin by the name of Minocqua. In my mind, this is the place where people wish they were from and envy those who reside within. At the southern end of the North Woods of Wisconsin, there is everything outdoorsy to do here; hiking, biking, paddling, climbing, and drinking. And even though they are a short hour away from Superior and 1 3/4 hour from the Apostles, they still find time to have one of the best little Internet cafes around. And how can you go wrong with a place like "Horhay's"? Well, you can't. As some of you know I have been trying to cut dairy out of my diet (which, in Wisconsin, is like keeping sex out of your diet at brothel) but I just couldn't pass up getting an Irish Cream Latte for a birthday treat. Oh, and it's good! And to top off the morning I get a call from Lise and the kids with birthday wishes. No better way from the first 2 hours to come down on a such a day.

It truly is a happy birthday!

1 comment:

Chequamegon Adventure Company said...

Kelly - Great to be with you.... on you birthday no less! Next time bring the family..... Yes, the luck of being born in paradise, it is more fun when you can share it with friends.... Thanks for staying with us. Peace... Andrew