Sunday, July 27, 2008

The laudry list grows!

Since I sent out my plea to folks to read my new blog, I have gotten a few requests to put their names and schools up on my site. This shocks me considering I am just a big, dumb farm boy from Michigan talking about kayaking. Sure, I get around a bit but after all is said and done, I am an intermediate paddler with just another pretty face. So, when I get folks who are really great paddlers asking me to include them, I am really taken aback. Such is the case with my buddy, Mark Shoon. Mark is the co-owner of Carpe Diem Kayaking out in Maine. If you don't know who Mark is, you should be asking yourself why! He might just be one of the most under rated paddlers out there and a damn fine coach. And no he doesn't paddle for P&H much to our chagrin.

He and his partner Mel (who is also one hell of a paddler...I don't want to say to many glowing things about her because Mark would beat me up!) run BCU courses off the coast of Maine and beyond. I have spilt blood in the same mud as these two for a while now and if you find yourself out that way, give them your business.

As speaking of being out their way, they are hosting the Downeast Sea Kayaking Symposium in the beginning of September. Make your travel plans now. Not only will they be there but some other great instructors will be tripping the waves fantastic!

No comments: