Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sometimes They Come Back!

Howdy, kids! Todays post is a bit different from the others. I don't know that you will find it exceptionally funny but rather, a bit on the heart-felt side. You see, when I was a wee sea kayakist making the move from white water boating, I had this guy who was of great influence on my developement. He was the guy who showed me that sea kayaking could be fun, exciting, and had a style all of it's own. He was not the guys who talked too much about himself but rather showed me that you did your talking in your boat through actions. He was the guy who proved that being a sea kayaker was less about gear and more about challenging yourself while still being yourself. That man was (and is) Scott Fairty. He took a break from paddling for a few years to become more mainstream and to put his family in the forefront of his life. As we all know, it's hard to get back into the rhythm of it all once you leave...you can never go home again, as they say.
Well, I am proud to say that he is back and getting into kayaking again. And, mind you, this is not just another pretty face. Scott's resume' spans decades in the paddlesports world including; Former Regional Coaching Officer for the BCU; ACA Open Water Instructor; BCU 5 star sea and Level 5 Coach aspirant; Old School Dagger rep (When Dagger was Dagger alone) for the East Coast; General Manager for Great River Outfitters: And general all around well respected paddler in every discipline of the sport. He is now on my P&H Midwest Paddling Team and will be looking to do tons of instruction this fall and I expect him to be a household word again in 2009. If you are interested in having Scott do some work for you, please feel free to contact me at kellyblades@gmail.com and I will pass along the info.

No comments: